2009: Liverpool Street Station
1944: Calea Victoriei, Bucharest, Romania (minute 0:41)
– pre-existing social networks based on word-of-mouth can produce and increase brand awareness/social events and happenings;
– social networks exist beyond Internet;
– although the term/concept of “viral marketing” first appeared in mid 90’s, introduced by Tim Draper, we have viral campaigns caught on film dating back to 1944;
– the term “flash mob” was first used in 2003 when Bill Wasik launched the modern mobs;
– Romanians were the first to use Social Networking in organizing Flash Mobs, in 1944.