Here are 14 points underlining the main players on this market in 2009. Since some people might consider the list below “a top”, I must say that it is only a list and it is based on our INTERNAL RESEARCH. For example, the large public found in May that Boom was split in two (Trade Ads/Netbridge Investments). In fact, they were working under the new structure for quite some time.
We also tried to point out the cases where clients are given access to a 3rd party adserver/report because transparency is a very important thing on a very youngÂ market. But the main idea of this post is to point out the fragmentation of the market in 2009 (I wrote this because some of my colleagues in the industry are very competitive and often like to start endless debates):
A. Online Sales Houses:
a) Big reach & large no. of websites in portfolio:
- 1. ARBOinteractive – oldest player, constant on the market, managed by Calin Rotarus; clients are given access to adserver and 3rd party reports;
- 2. Intact Interactive – started in 2009, strong brands in its portfolio, clients are given access to adserver and 3rd party reports;
- 3. Digital Ads – selling websites part of NCH group, strong on technology; under development;
b) Medium reach, fewer websites:
- 4. Media Pro Interactiv – strong on technology, lost reach after splitting with IBU PROTV, strong brands, managed by Orlando Nicoara.
- 5. AdEvolution – many websites not audited by SATI, managed by Val Voicu.
c) Small reach:
- 6. Boom – restructuring, part of NCH group but representing independent websites (e.g. Lagardere);
- 7. Splendid – strong brands, constant player, clients are given access to adserver and 3rd party reports;
- 8. Others (selling small websites, blogs, etc, under 0,5% of overall market).
- 9. IBU PRO TV – splitted from Media Pro Interactiv, strong TV brands, sales managed by Bogdan Popescu;
- 10. Internet Corp – independent player, strong on technology, growing constantly, good client service, clients are given access to adserver and 3rd party reports; managed by Mihai Seceleanu;
- 11. Realitatea Catavencu – new team, based on technology, managed by Dragos Stanca;
- 12. AdTarget – small online publisher, constant player;
- 13. Sanoma Hearst – small online publisher, constant player;
- 14. ADEVARUL Holding – small online publisher, new player starting from Q2.
- – there are at least 14 suppliers fighting over big accounts;
- – media agencies are looking after big reach but also after very good deals;
- – the market is restructuring almost every month;
- – strong pressure on consumption, prices, discounts and rebates;