Some economists say the U.S. already undergoing recession can affect Europe and also Romania – it’s possible to see slower spendings in advertising using traditional media. Probably the US Internet will benefit from this as the advertisers will shift towards the online spaces.
The Romanian Internet is not big enough for this type of shifting but my guess is that the 2008 budgets will be very well spend. ZenithOptimedia is very optimistic for online spendings and projects that the Internet will surpass radio budgets in 2008 and the amount spent on magazines by 2010 and they presented this data at the UBS Global Media & Communications Conference:
– global online ad spending will rise 24% to $44.6 billion from $36 billion;
– onlineâ€™s share of the worldâ€™s ad market will increase to 9.4% from 8.1%;
– Internet will overtake radio ad spend in 2008;
– comprise a double-digit share of global advertising in 2009;
– the online will surpass magazines in advertising budgets by 2010 with 11.5% of total ad spend;
– advertisers will spend $195 billion on ads in North America, a gain of 4.1% compared to 2007;
– ad expenditures globally will reach $486 billion in 2008, 6.7% rise.
I wonder how the Romanian online advertising market will react this year and how do people see the projections (considering the reach, the rise of online shopping, the new budgets and the upcoming 2 election campaigns 🙂 ): Magda (Boom), Orlando (MPI), Val (AdEvolution), Doru (Marketeer.net), Claudiu (Underclick), Gabi (Boom) and Cristi Parvan (local ZenithOptimedia)?