A. According to the GfK Roper Consulting Annual Worldwide Study:
1. Sony, 2. Coca-Cola, 3. Nokia, 4. Nestle, 5. Pepsi, 6. Colgate, 7. McDonald’s, 8. Nike, 9. BMW, 10. Samsung.
Also, Mercedes is no. 13 while Disney is no. 15. The brand power scores are based on consumer response regarding three key variables: â€œfamiliarityâ€, â€œreally likeâ€, and â€œadvocacy.â€ According to the GfK, CocaCola lost the 1st place in 2007 and marks a decline for the American brands.
B. According to the Best Global Brands 2007 Report – Interbrands:
1. Coca Cola, 2. Microsoft, 3. IBM, 4. GE, 5. NOKIA, 6. Toyota, 7. Intel, 8. McDonaldâ€™s, 9. Disney, 10. Mercedes.
C. According to Google, the TOP10 most googled brands (June research) are:
1. NOKIA, 2. Toyota, 3. British Airways, 4. Krispy Krem, 5. Bank of England, 6. UPS, 7. Daewoo, 8. Prada, 9. Corvette, 10. Air France.
– CocaCola marks the beginning of a decline for the American brands together with Colgate, McDonaldâ€™s, Nike and Pepsi.
– NOKIA is the only brand present in the 3 tops
– SONY Bravia and SONY Playstation really did their job.
– Nokia warned Tuesday that up to 46 million batteries used in some of its cell phones could be faulty and pose a risk of overheating – this will affect the brand (maybe in a good way – after all, calling back 46 million batteries can be a great PR campaign)