GSP/Gazeta Sporturilor: Catalin Tolontan wrote about transparency regarding internet advertising in Romania. The article accused the competition of malpractice and had a political message concerning SATI members and media agencies.
- Catalin Tolontan is General Manager at Convergent Media, the publisher of Gazeta Sporturilor and one of the stakeholders of Gazeta Online, the publisher of gsp.ro, one of the most visited websites in Romania. Tolontan is also one of the most influential journalists in Romania and a well-known media analyst.
MediaPro Interactiv: Orlando Nicoara responded with a detailed post on his blog. He explained how SATI works, he explained how the Internet works and accused Tolontan of not understanding the market andÂ being misinformed by his employees, Augustin Roman and Sorin Danilescu.
- Orlando Nicoara is General Manager at MediaPro Interactiv and owner of Orlando Interactive. He is considered to be one of the most influential managers in the market as he used to manage Netbridge Investments in Romania but also one of the pioneers of the local Internet advertising.
AdEvolution: Val Voicu was second to respond to the malpractice accusations. He stated that traditional media represented by Tolontan is facing a sudden death and that they try to impose an old mentality and a model that is not self-sustainable and not applicable anywhere in the world. Regarding the emotional part of the answer, he accused Tolontan of being involved in operations with secret services and that his journalism is not ethical.
- Val Voicu, romanian entrepreneur, is the General Manager of AdEvolution, one of the biggest online sales houses in Romania. Val Voicu is also involved in Beyond Media, a local company focusing on publishing and advertising. At Beyond Media, he worked with Sorin Danilescu in 2006 (online consultant at that time).
PROTV/CME – Constantin Cocioaba stated that the print is not doing very good in Romanian and Catalin Tolontan is threatened also by sport.ro, a website that will soon pass gsp.ro according to SATI.
- Constantin Cocioaba, blogger, is also IBU Project Manager at PROTV SA. PROTV SA is the biggest private media business in Romania owned by CME.
IAB Romania – Ionut Oprea went even further and accused Catalin Tolontan of censorship since transparency is not present on his blog. He said that he was offended and that Tolontan offended the industry with his unproven facts of malpractice. He says that internet advertising needs to be trusted.
- Ionut Oprea is managing StandOut (internet company focused on blog advertising) and also IAB – Internet Advertising Bureau Romania, a chapter of IAB Europe.