MyVideo.ro

The famous European project MyVideo.de (ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG) moves to Romania before YouTube and launches MyVideo.ro – of course they have a plan and my sources say they’re surfing with a local media player (SBS Broadcasting Group) backing them (we’ll have to see how they perform).

This means Trilulilu.ro and 220.ro have another competitor but as I check out their website, I already noticed that they started on the left foot.

Anca-Alina Seghedi is the CEO of MyVideo Broadband S.R.L. (Bucharest) and the company hit the bucket in Deutschland where they launched the most popular video website and managed to sell 30% to ProSiebenSat.1 (September 2006) and the rest of 70% for 19 million Euro in July 2007.

The deal was very discreet and was hardly noticed (see stakeholder report [PDF]) and as we speak their content is not so much “user generated” but produced by ProSiebenSat.1.

ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG acquired SBS Broadcasting Group last year for EUR 3.3 billion. SBS Broadcasting Group is no. 3 in Romania and owns PRIMA TV, KISS TV (tv stations) and KISS FM, ONE FM and MAGIC FM (radio stations).

My feeling is that Trilulilu.ro, 220.ro and Neogen.tv are not heading into the right direction (Neogen.tv already knows why) and MyVideo.ro will be a serious competitor – time will tell ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Replies to “MyVideo.ro”

Comments are closed.