The Russian online market is interesting even for some Romanian entrepreneurs. Far more attractive than the western markets and not so much exposed to global risks 🙂 (just the usual energy/cold crises).
Here are some figures from an article I’ve read this Saturday, published by Lenta.ru:
– total marketing spend for the entire year will be between US$1.04 billion to $1.48 billion;
– Tagline market research predicted that by the end of 2008, media advertising is expected to receive ~$285 million – $390 million investments ;
– $320 million – $450 million – predictions for spent on contextual ads;
– SEM will receive ~$250 million – $400 million;
– web development market estimated between $160 million – $200 million.
– content production, online consultancy, oline PR and blogging will receive ~ $25 million – $35 million (source: Tagline).
– online marketing communications in Russia rising in 2008;
Taglineâ€™s analysis was based on a research involving 600 companies (information acquired using direct interviews and open source intelligence). The funny thing is that the estimates are made in US dollars.